Experience The Adventure Of A Lifetime With River Rafting Trips
River Rafting Trips
If youre the type of person that enjoys an outdoor adventure, river rafting trips are right up your alley. Until youve tried it, you can never understand the exhilaration of shooting the rapids one minute, while taking in some of the worlds most breathtaking scenery the next. Many rafting companies can provide all the equipment you need, plus the benefit of a skilled guide to navigate your family or group through an incredible river rafting experience. From white water to smooth sailing, river rafting trips have to be experienced to be believed.
Difficulty Classifications of River Rafting Trips
If youre worried about the skill required for participating in various river rafting trips, there are unique classifications that will alert you to the level of ability required for safe rafting. From Class I trips, which would be safe for any family, to intensive, professional grade Class VI excursions, river rafting trips have something to offer everyone. A basic breakdown of the classification of rafting difficulty is as follows:
* Class I River rafting trips for beginners and pleasure cruiser. Enjoy the gorgeous scenery without the tumultuous rapids.
* Class II If youre ready for white water, consider indulging in Class II river rafting trips. Its still considered a basic level, but at least youll experience some thrilling rapids. Class II rafting trips include wide channels of rapids that limit the skill required to safely maneuver through them.
* Class III Class III river rafting trips consist of intermediate level difficulties in fighting strong currents and manipulating your raft through more perilous channels of rapids.
* Class IV Once youve become comfortable with the basics and know how to handle your raft, a Class IV river rafting trip will provide some exciting rapids that require some skill to master.
* Class V Class V rafting is considered an expert only level course. If youre an avid rafter who enjoys a challenge, Class V river rafting trips offer long stretches of treacherous rapids and tons of excitement.
* Class VI Strictly for hard-core, experienced rafters. Class VI river rafting includes navigating extremely dangerous rapids passages and requires great skill on the part of all participants.
Great Rivers to Explore with River Rafting Trips
While there are hundreds of fantastic rivers suitable for river rafting trips, some of the most popular destinations include:
Rogue River, Oregon Located amidst the Cascade Mountain Range, the beautifully scenic Rogue River makes a great location for family river rafting trips. Consisting of Class II and Class III rapid passages, this enchanting river provides excitement in a safe environment.
Colorado River/Grand Canyon The Colorado River flowing through the Grand Canyon offers a diverse set of opportunities for river rafting trips. From the intense class IV and V rapids of the Upper Grand Canyon, to the more mellow rafting as the river flows into Lake Mead, river rafting is a great way to explore the majesty of the Grand Canyon.